Monday, September 19, 2016

Letter to the Unknown Part II

Dear you,

Today is the last day of my busy schedule. And I haven't had the chance to talk to you. I tried. I kept giving hints. But you were busy, I know. You didn't mean to push me away. You still replied my texts. And for that, I'm grateful. I know you care.

I've imagined today for as long as I've known you. The day when I would burn the letters. The day when I would throw away the papers. I've been crying for days. I didn't tell anyone. I couldn't tell anyone. Why would I tell anyone? No one would understand. NO ONE would tell me that I am making sense.

As crazy as it sounds, today is the last day I would sit and give my all to reminisce each and every memory we had. Yes. I still regret the decision I made years ago. I should've stayed with you. I should've told you that I love you very much. But of course, He has better plans for us right? I can't be selfish. Who am I to stop you from being happy?

For sometime now, you have been a crucial part of my life. You are my real superhero. You helped me through a lot of things, a lot of troubles, a lot of tears... some of it without even knowing. You always knew what to say. You always came running. You have always been around. My wonderful Mr Yes. And I have lost count of how many times... that I fell for you. Probably every time we met. Probably every time we said goodbye. Probably every time you texted. Probably every time I baked something for you.

But let me tell you one specific recent event that made me very certain that I am indeed in love with you. When you chose me that outfit. When you spent an hour choosing the right one in the midst of your superbusy schedule. You made decisions with me and was actually interested when giving opinions. Part of me died a little that day. You were too kind. Too wonderful.

I have mental pictures of you everywhere. In my heart, in my mind, in my dreams, every time I looked at the empty seat on my left. You. I just realised that all these while, I have been missing you.

I really need to let you go. I can't live with this feelings forever. You can't be my saviour forever. You are only mine in my dreams. And I shall I keep it that way. 

Note : Written for an unpublished manuscript - 'Danger'.

No comments: